Nutanix Intelligent Operations
Streamline Your Infrastructure Management Operations
Nutanix Intelligent Operations
Contact us for Pricing!
Get a Quote
NCM Intelligent Operations (formerly Prism Pro/Ultimate) optimizes capacity, proactively detects performance anomalies, and automates operations tasks with ease and confidence.
Nutanix Cloud Manager Intelligent Operations (formerly Prism Pro/Ultimate) is an end-to-end consumer-grade management and operations solution for virtualized datacenter environments that brings unprecedented simplicity by combining several aspects of administration, reporting, and intelligent automation for IT Operations. NCM Intelligent Ops is available in NCM Starter and Pro tiers – to learn more about additional functionality offered in NCM tiers, please navigate.
NCM Pro tier adds Advanced AI Operations capabilities that address IT Ops teams’ workflow. With these, NCM intelligently plans and optimizes for capacity, proactively detects performance anomalies, and enables codeless automation of operations tasks. These are capabilities powered by machine learning and work with major ITSM tools. Also included in the operations tiers are advanced application insights and automation for troubleshooting applications.
NCM Intelligent Ops features can be accessed via the Prism Central console (PC) which is included with all NCM licensing tiers. PC provides a unified interface for managing all your clusters, globally, from a single management interface.
How Intelligent Operations Works
Machine learning algorithms play a key role in predicting capacity trends and suggesting resource optimizations. Infrastructure anomalies automatically trigger alerts and intelligent remediation actions.
Learn about the the Nutanix X-FIT Advantage
Instead of one algorithm, X-FIT uses an ensemble of models in a tournament to choose the best one for specific environments.
Intelligence and Efficiency for IT Operations
Intuitively and easily optimize virtualization and infrastructure management with predictive analytics and task automation.
Automate your operations
Automate day-to-day operational tasks and improve productivity with a few clicks and zero coding.
Optimize your resources
Gauge VM performance behavior in real time, automatically detect anomalies, and automate remediation.
See how capacity is used, forecast how to meet business demands, and gain insight into inefficiencies.
Codeless task automation
With a few clicks, you can link intelligent signals with automated actions to eliminate mundane tasks. Intelligent Operations makes it incredibly easy to improve operations productivity by requiring zero coding.
Intelligent Operations understands the performance behavior of all VMs by constantly monitoring the system. An anomaly alert is issued if a VM deviates from normal behavior. No configuration required.
Intelligent Operations integrates with ServiceNow, Jira and other IT service management tools to track infrastructure shortages, automate ticket creation, and resolve alerts and incidents within these ITSM systems.
Capacity usage and scenario analysis
The Intelligent Operations predictive analysis engine foresees application capacity needs and cluster capacity runways for pay-as-you-grow scaling and better capacity usage with rightsizing optimizations.
Support for non-NCI environments
Learn how to monitor non-Nutanix ESXi clusters with Nutanix Cloud Manager - Intelligent Operations.
Automated Optimization and Remediation
Intelligent Ops includes a powerful application and VM-centric capacity forecast, planning, and optimization engine powered by Nutanix’s X-Fit algorithm.
- Capacity Behavior Analytics: Predictive analysis of capacity usage and trends based on workload behavior enabling pay-as-you-grow scaling.
- Capacity Optimization: Inefficiency detection in resource usage and automated optimization of VM sizing based on behavioral analysis.
- Anomaly Detection: Predictive monitoring-based machine learning to generate actionable signals and provide early warnings.
Intelligent Ops’ X-Play links intuitive signals with automated actions. Build codeless automation routines and improve operations productivity.
- Codeless Task Automation: Create playbooks for common troubleshooting steps. These playbooks can be triggered automatically based on the alert polices.
- Action Gallery: A collection of out-of-the-box actions for notification, VM management, reporting, and scheduling. It also includes the REST and script actions that can connect to your existing tools and systems.
- Ticketing Integration: Integrates with ServiceNow, Jira and other IT service management tools to track infrastructure shortages, automate ticket creation, and resolve alerts and incidents within ITSM systems.
Application Insights and Broad Automation
Intelligent Ops can quickly isolate problems between the infrastructure and application stack. Now get intelligent alerts for application metrics as well.
- Applicating Discovery: Real-time agentless discovery of applications, via IPFIX data, gives an understanding of the full stack of applications.
- Application Monitoring: Visibility into databases, queries and metrics to reduce RCA time for application issues.
- Non-AOS VM Monitoring and Automation: A single pane for entire virtual infrastructure, even non-AOS environments, including monitoring, alerts, and playbook automation.
|NCM Starter||NCM Pro|
|Ideal for||Infrastructure AIOps: Monitoring, planning, right sizing and low code automation||IaaS across private and public clouds, plus cost governance|
|Capacity Forecast and Planning|
|Resource inefficiency Detection and Right-sizing|
|Support for ESXi on non-NCI Environments|
|Low-code/No-code Operations Automation|
|SQL Server Monitoring for IT Ops|
|Self-tuning with Machine Learning|
- NCM licenses can be purchased and applied on the number of physical CPU cores capacity in your deployment. Licenses are portable across hardware platforms and are available in 1 through 5-year term option
- Intelligent Ops will also available as a fully managed SaaS option – Operations as a Service – and will be available to purchase as à la carte. Please contact Nutanix Sales for further details
- NCM Intelligent Ops fits into NCM tiers – to see how these features are broken into tiers, please go to the Nutanix Cloud Platform Software Options page
* NCM Pro tier also includes Self-Service and Orchestration and Cost Governance functionality in addition to IT Operations
Download the Nutanix Cloud Manager Intelligent Operations Datasheet (.PDF)